R.I.P Chester Bennington

what are you listening to?
EvolutionZero
Site Admin
Site Admin

R.I.P Chester Bennington

Post by EvolutionZero » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:29 pm

im sure many of u have heard this, but just in case u havent, the lead singer of linkin park has committed suicide. Ive known ever since meteora that he has had his issues with drugs and abuse and its obvious that he was also dealing with depression. Chester was close to chris cornell who also commited suicide a while back (dont remember when exactly, but sometime 2017 i believe) the same way so the media is analyzing the fact that chester did this on chris' birthday. No reports of a suicide note atm. His family was not home at the time, someone who worked with the band found him a little b4 9 a.m. First reported by TMZ. Unless i am forgetting something, this is all that is known of the situation atm.

EvolutionZero
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: R.I.P Chester Bennington

Post by EvolutionZero » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:29 pm

when i was about 11-12 years old (11 yrs ago) my brother made me a mix cd of a bunch of songs but there was one that stood out to me, one that i would listen to over and over again b4 i went to bed every night. It wasnt for another few weeks i had my friend over to my house for the weekend that he told me that the band was linkin park and the song title was crawling. Today i dont find myself listening to that particular song much, its more so been replaced with numb and in the end, but still a great song. From that point on until about the time they released living things they were undoubtedly my favorite band and granted their new sound wasnt as good imo it was prolly more so that other bands like asking alexandria were catching my eye that i would officially change what bands i would call my favorite. Even so, when u look at all the music of every band i like out there, had linkin park just stopped after meteora no band would come anywhere near lp as my favorite band. Those 2 albums r still to this day my favorite albums of any band all time. Even tho my favorite part of the band was the way mike shinoda's rapping fit so perfectly with the rock, it still sucks to lose anyone from this band. I dont know the actual numbers when it comes to this but lp's first 2 albums each sold more than 99% of albums u could name and even tho they have drastically changed their music style lately, their most recent album (sounding more pop than rock) is still doing the same thing that their first 2 albums did. They were gods among the men that called themselves musicians. Weather or not the band will continue remains to be seen, but i know they will nvr b the same again (even when u take into the account they rarely make the same sound twice). R.I.P Chester, u will b missed.